Saturday, August 16, 2008

VBS 2008

It came and it went, almost in the blink of an eye. That is where I have been spending my time of late. This was my 2nd year assisting and I helped my Pastor's wife in the 4 and 5 year old class. After a very hectic and exasperating week, with many "why me God???" questions running through my head, we made it through. In one piece. Looking back I see that even though stressful, it was all worth it. I pray that one day these children would remember something they learned while wiggling around on the floor during the lesson time. I pray that they would decide to become one of God's own before very long. They may be young, barely out of their toddler years, but they are not too young!

Here are some pictures of my class. :-)



I love this age. Hard but fun and full of laughs for everyone, and so trusting of you just because you look so much "bigger" than they are. I don't think I would like to work with any other age for VBS. :-) All in all this VBS went smoothly and God blessed our time in many ways.

4 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Dear Nessie, what a great blessing!!! They will remember, I was five years old when I started going to church and I remember very much the first teacher that I had. They will remember that sweet young girl who spent time with them and taught them about Jesus. Good for you, You could not have spent your time in any better way. Mrs. connie

Beverly said...

And you were a very good and patient helper. I could see how the kids loved you, which wasn't surprising to me!

Sara said...

the little girls in your class are soooo adorable.

Sara said...

it's been far too long since your last post. =D