Monday, September 21, 2009

Musical Mondays...first one!

Hello all! I am starting a little new thing on this blog called "Musical Mondays". Every Monday, Lord willing, I will post a video of one of my favorite songs from one of the many musicals I have watched over the years. Since some of you, I know, can't get the videos that I post, I will always try to have the lyrics posted underneath the video. The musicals are ones that have brought many smiles to my face and I am happy to share them with you. Perhaps you have already seen some of the musicals I will be posting, but if you haven't I would strongly urge you to try to watch them! So without further ado here is the first post of "Musical Monday"!

"When You Believe"
Prince of Egypt


Many nights we've prayed
With no proof anyone could hear-
In our hearts a hopeful song
We barely understood.
Now we are not afraid-
Although we know there's much to fear.
We were moving mountains long before we knew we could!

There can be miracles
When you believe-
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill.
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe
Somehow you will,
You will when you believe.

In this time of fear,
When prayer so often proved in vain,
Hope seemed like the summer birds
Too swiftly flown away.
Yet now I'm standing here
With heart so full I can't explain,
Seeking faith and speaking words
I never thought I'd say.

There can be miracles
When you believe-
Though hope is frail,
It's hard to kill.
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe
Somehow you will,
You will when you believe.

A~shi~ra i'a~don~ai ki ga~oh ga~ah
(I will sing to the Lord, for He has triumphed gloriously)

A~shi~ra l'a~don~ai ki ga~oh ga~ah
(I will sing to the Lord, for He has triumphed gloriously)

Mi~cha~mo~cha ba~elim adonai
(who is like you, oh Lord, among the celestial)

Mi~ka~mo~cha ne~dar~ ba~ko~desh
(who is like you, majestic in holiness)

Na~chi~tah v'~chas~d'~cha am zu ga~al~ta
(in your love, you lead the people you redeemed)

Na~chi~tah v'~chas~d~cha am zu ga~al~ca
(on your love, you lead the people you redeemed)

A~shi~ra, a~shi~ra, a-shi~ra...
(I will sing, I will sing, I will sing...)

There can be miracles
When you believe-
Though hope is frail,
It's hard to kill.
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe
Somehow you will-
Now you will,
You will when you believe.
You will when you believe.

2 comments:

Ella said...

That is, like, my favorite song in Prince of Egypt....I listened to it recently.

Bethany said...

This will be fun! I can't wait to see what other musicals you come up with!

To answer your question, the newest Nicholas Nickelby is clean. We enjoyed watching it as a family. But it may be a dissapointment after the BBC. It is definetly less dreary. If you watch it let me know what you think!
Blessings