Don't we often forget whose way we should be following? Well, maybe you are the exception...the "ideal" Christian who never falters from the straight and narrow way. If you are...than praise God! But, if we are all honest with ourselves, I believe that we all do wander a bit and follow our own way. My favorite singing group is Il Divo. On one of their Cd's they sang the song "My Way", which Frank Sinatra popularized. As much as I love this song, I was listening to it once and it dawned on me as I sang the words..."my way" just how selfish that was. Also how true it is...this is how I think all to often. How many times do I truly go to God and say "Lord, I want your way...in all things." Oh, I may think it, but the next temptation that comes around what do I say..."I want to do it my way." What a slap in the face to God that is. This evening in church I was reminded once again that I should be following God's way and not my own. Is it hard to do? Yes! Is it impossible to do? With God's help, Absolutely not! Praise Him for that. So this week my new prayer will be:"Not my way, but Thine Oh Lord!"
3 comments:
Ah, yes, Frankie's song. I like it a lot...and yet I totally get where you are coming from.
I am not one of those perfect Christians, and honestly, I don't know who would want to be. It would give the Lord no opportunity to work and do something amazing in your life!
Great post!
Thanks for commenting on my blog...I pray you'll gain some encouragement from it in the next several post's!!!
In Christ,
Renee
The tune of the song is so pretty, but the words are selfish, so I know what you mean. Nice post Neesie
Post a Comment